Blender CAD Addons
For CAD useful Addons that yet have to be ported.
- Render2Print http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-223958.html
WIP -> I work on porting it and adding functionality to print to scale - a feature often missed by engineers, architects I know that are wiser than 80 years : ).<-- this has happened! http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?317930
List of Addons connected to CAD
All short cuts from within blender (focus on blender).
- http://blendercam.blogspot.cz/ <-- it's working, simply download a preconfigured version or create your own (it's no usual addon as it has some severe python dependencies that are not met in the usual blender bundled python).
- https://github.com/Rylangrayston/Dicer <-- 3D model -> slice in background -> continue modeling -> meanwhile it's creating GCode [-> this later is converte to a .wav-Audiofile that controls mirrors.]
- ALT + CTRL + U --> 3D print tools --> check enable,
- ALT + CTRL + U --> Mesh lint --> check enable,
- Netherlands' Macouno's GCode export addon is in beta phase!!
- http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Curve/Dimension -- add Dimension (curve and linear as well as angles! could turn out as a good alternative to the Caliper addon)
- Edge Tools by zeffi Snap to Edge -> Create Vertex shortcut
- Zeffii's Intersect X All Addon
- Witold's brilliant Mesh Intersection Addon
- Migius' DXF exporter
- Migius' DXF importer There are also advanced versions available, that are even more powerful!
- Migius' powerful blender CAD tools Addon
- Direct Autocad -Intellicad to Blender exporter LISP Addon
- Select, join or group objects by Regular Expression (Useful e.g. for Direct Autocad -Intellicad to Blender exporter LISP Addon)
- Model Model turnaround 1click setup addon.
- Blender Baroque
- Caliper CAD measurement
- blender measurements caliper alternative? Yes, it is an alternative! Capable of measuring arcs too!
- Dealga McArdle's Calliper Open GL
- Measurement panel (built-in)
- Selection to Bill of Materials by Radagast
- Bisect cross section
- Cross section rendering using a material node setup.
- Split non-planar faces (important for 3D printing, use in combination with blender's 3D printing tool box (built-in)
- How to setup correct dimensions for export to slic3r (to produce GCode in slic3r).
- GCode importer
- GCode exporter for blender 2.49b
- Freestyle (LineArt, very useful for rendering plans of models, machines, ...) built-in
- EdgeTools (built-in)
- .. will be filled from time to time
- https://github.com/zeffii/rawr -- all scripts and addons of Dealga McArdle
- https://github.com/zeffii/BlenderSciViz -- SVG drawing in blender (see also his Object to SVG script)
Lip sync outline Blender Nation. http://blender4architects.org/ FreeCAD news - always good for inspiration http://yorik.uncreated.net/guestblog.php?tag=freecad&complete=3 http://www.blender3darchitect.com/tag/cad
Open source ecology discussions
- forum.opensourceecology.org/discussion/623/freecad <-- Here blender is not even mentioned though it fulfills almost all requirements: Python scriptable, mature, parametric or non-parametric modelling, visualization directly integrated (Blender internal; Freestyle or Cycles renderer).