OSEG Logo Designs
Here we list design proposals for Open Source Ecology Germany.
Discussion in the forum.
We had many proposals and the upper most version by Shure seems to be the best for now.
Shure: final flame/leaf duality proposal (w/ applied Fibonacci rules)
Niko: Yin/Yang with Open Hardware and Ecology
Main Idea: represent the letters OSE and add Open Hardware to the picture. O is represented by the circle. S is represented by the S in the circle - Yin/Yang is formed. The points of the Yin/Yang parts are symbols themselves. On the right is the Open Hardware logo. On the left is a symbol for Ecology. This represents the balance between technology (hardware) and nature (ecology).
Next steps could be:
- Choose good symbol for ecology: search in google images for ideas.
- Add plenty a colors for another colorful version of the logo.
- The logo can be easily upgraded for certain events: add shine, sun, animate it, etc.
Niko: Logo with Colors
- To bring two main elements together: Open Source Hardware and ecology/life/growth etc.
- The reversed OSHW gear in earthy-orange represents the ground/soil as the basis for ecology/life/growth etc.
- This draft also represents the "germform"-concept (Keimform).
These drafts are in a very early stage and should only illustrate my idea. I'm not a professional illustrator :)
Niko: Simple OSHW-Plant
Aron: Simplified leaves
Niko: Simple OSHW-Plant Text below
Simple OSHW-Plant in Grau und Grün
Shure: highly scalable vector drafts
I like the third row most, something in that direction. It's really open and not overloaded and scales fine (have look at the last row). It can be further simplified by leaving out the teeth of the sprocket at tiny sizes, that would make a nice and clean icon. --Shure (Diskussion) 19:11, 19. Jul. 2012 (CEST)