Open Governance Index
The Open Governance Index measures the true openness of eight open source projects – Android, Qt, Symbian, MeeGo, Mozilla, WebKit, Linux and Eclipse – and analyses how governance, and not licenses, tell the full story of a project’s openness, across transparency, influence and control.
- How do we implement Open Access?
- Is the source code available to all developers, at the same time?
- What open source licenses we use?
- How do we support the developers? Do they have open access to the mailing list, bug-tracking, developer documentation and other tools?
- Is the Roadmap publicly available?
- Is the decision-making transparent? Is the whole process described publicly and are the meeting minutes open to everyone?
- How do we implement Open Collaborative Development?
- Are the requirements and the process to become a contributor transparent?
- Is the contributions and acceptance process transparent?
- Is it transparent who made the contribution?
- Is it transparent who are the contributors to a project?
- Is there any control how derivatives can be used, shared etc?
- more questions ...