Open Source Google Docs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Open Source Spreadsheet
- The creator should be able to set privacy settings of columns to: public, private, shared among other users.
- Reason: Currently Google Docs does not support this and in OSEG we are using multiple Spreadsheet to avoid the public to be able to see data, which is meant to be private. This forces us to keep the same data on at least two places, which requires additional work, prone to errors.
- The creator should be able to translate all string entered into the drawing. The user should be able to choose the language to be displayed and translate strings into other languages.
- Reason: this enables everyone to see diagrams (e.g. processes) in their language and understand them better.
- The creator should be able to publish a download link of the source file. A user should be able to download the source file of the drawing, import it in his drawing software and use it.
- Reason: this enables everyone to build upon our drawings.
- Analogy: To "File->Make a copy ..." of Google Docs.