Team Culturing Information
last Updated: 11. March, 2012.
WHO are you?
- Name - Paul Leidorf
- Location (city, country) - Hamburg, Germany
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - paul (at) leidorf (dot) de
- Introduction Video -
- Resume/CV - Born in 1980 I grew up in Bavaria. After finishing school I moved to the beautiful city of Dresden for studying Mechanical Engineering. Special emphasis was set on Aeronautical and Space engineering plus lightweight construction. I'm living and working now in the Aviation industrie in Hamburg (since 5 years).
I'm married and we have two children (4 and 7 years old).
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you support open source culture?
Absolutely. Nowadays it's not imaginable for me to live without open source. Wikipedia is only the most prominent example within a large variety of very useful offers. It will be the next level for mankind to gather all knowledge and to make it available for anybody free of charge. The history shows (and unfortunately this is still ongoing) that concentration of knowledge always led to suppression of large parts of the general public.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
The idea behind OSE is as fascinating as simple. To release the elementary klowledge for building up a sustainable community to the public is the key factor to get rid of the vicious circle for poorer parts (actually the biggest part) of the global communities. Without contributing to global exploitation I am convinced OSE is the right project to support.
- How do you think that the GVCS and Open Source Hardware can address pressing world issues?
Our 'western' societies are rapidly increasing their wealth (especially the upper class people) at the costs of poorer people. Politicians together with lobbyists have led modern democracy to a ridiculous and inhuman farce. In fact we are facing a hidden dictatorship of financial and military industry. Giving people back the opportunity to escape the 'system' by acting self-dependently will be the only way to build up an efficient opposition.
- What do you like in OSE Europe?
To see the advances of the project in front of my door and maybe an easier opportunity to meet active people face to face.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with OSE Europe?
First of all I have to get really familiar with all aspects and possibilities of the project meet some OSE professionals and convince some friends to join :)
- What is missing in OSE Europe?
First of all I have to get involved. Up to now I could not identify any lacks.
- What are your suggestions for improvement in OSE Europe?
None at the moment.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
3D CAD Construction/Drawing - Firm in SolidWorks (and started FreeCAD)
Engineering in general - fully educated Dipl.Ing.
Some craftsman skills - renovating an old house at the moment (I also worked as a carpenter apprentice for a while)
Graphics and Art - Photography and layout of Artworks (only hobby)
Music - hobby drummer in a band
Language - fluent german and english
- How have you already contributed to OSE, OSE Europe and Open Source Hardware?
Not yet unfortunately.
HOW can you help?
- How do you want to contribute?
I want to learn everything about the project to identify special needs I can support with my (currently) limitet recouces. For the beginnig I could start with drawing or creation of CAD Models. Another offer could be translating (english - german or vice versa).
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week? Or do you have a free timeframe (week, month)?
A few hours per week might be possible.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
See full time question below...
- Are you interested in being part of one of the OSE communities in Europe? If so in which country?
Yes, I am. Preferably in Germany.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit in OSE Communities in Europe? If so in which country?
Yes this would be possible, preferably in Germany.
- Are you interested in building GVCS or other Open Source Hardware equipment in Europe? If so which ones?
Most interesting GVCS project for me would be the 3D printer but also the Laser Cutter or the Scanner. I have some minor experience with comparable equipments like Ply Cutter, Laser Projector and Scanner. (for producing composite parts). Generally I would love to support development of all CNC based machines...
- Are you an OSE True Fan?
No (not yet).
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes, I would but currently I think this is not really possible. My current job is still too important to ensure a safe income for my family, paying my house and raising my children. Maybe by getting involved deeper slowly in OSE there will be an opportunity.
Your Friends and Community
- What friends, people, communities and organizations do you know who are already doing valuable work for a better future? For example: open source hardware/software, sustainable agriculture, natural building, renewable energy, abundance based economies, local production or others?
- What are the technological (machines, tools, structures, ...) and biological (people, animals, plants, ...) needs of your community so that it becomes self-sufficient locally and globally connected?
- Are your friends and community doing valuable work for a better future? How can they become more involved in this process and share more with everyone?