Jump to navigation Jump to search
Trello is a SCRUM like free online application.
- Create your own list of actions, as many as you like
- Receive email notifications: Instantly, Periodically, Never - https://trello.com/my/account
- Subscribe to card changes
- Activies/Notifications can be visualized, by visualizing the public JSON - e.g. https://trello.com/board/4f46dfd8251057f904f99550/ose-video.json
- Add Deadlines
- Add People
- Add Colors
- Add Comments
- Upload files
- Vote for an action
- Active Developers
- Has shortcuts: https://trello.com/shortcuts
- You can move cards between Boards!
- REST API - Card, API
- Android and iOS applications.
Features to come soon
- Card Time Tracking as a plugin: https://trello.com/card/time-tracking/4d5ea62fd76aa1136000000c/1054
- No Burndown Charts
- Trello Board: https://trello.com/board/trello-development/4d5ea62fd76aa1136000000c
- OSEG NetDev: https://trello.com/board/oseg-netdev/50865bd85840407959004c10
These are guidelines how to use Trello collaboratively:
- Create needed Lists, e.g.: TODO, Doing, Verification, Done.
- Create new cards:
- Press "N" to create a new card. It will be created below the current selected card. Type the name of the card and press "Enter" to save it.
- Assign yourself/another to a card
- Assign yourself to a card - select the card and press "SPACE"
- Assign another to a card - select the card and press "a" and choose the person.
- Unassigning works with the same shortcuts.
- Add card for Verification
- Add the card in the "Verification" list and assign the person, if not already assigned, to verify it (press "A" and choose the person).
- Send email to the person with subject "Verify <card name>" and in the body link to the card (e.g. https://trello.com/card/animating-low-cost-explanation-sasha/4f46dfd8251057f904f99550/94)
- Verify a card
- If all okay, move it to the list "Done"
- If more work is to be done:
- Create a checklist and the points that has to be done
- Move the card back to "TODO" or "Doing"
- Send email to the person responsible with subject "TODO <card name>" or "Doing <card name>" and in the body link to the card. He should read your checklist points and fix them.
- Add card for Verification
- View more cards by decreasing the font size from your browser.
- Use spacebar to assign yourself to a card, then use "q" to show only your cards. (Use "x" to clear the filter.)
- on a board, press "f" then start typing a card name to filter for that card. Press "x" to clear a filter.
- 1) Install Greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
- 2) Install this CSS script: http://userstyles.org/styles/78240/trello-layout-optmization?r=1352671144
- Tools -> Greasemonkeny -> Manage User Scripts -> select Preferences for "Trello Layout Optmization"
SCRUM and Trello
Open Source Alternatives to Trello
- JimFlow - physical board integrated wtih Trac and Jira (github.com/Jimdo).
- Kanbanik - Scala web application with a rich GWT frontend. UI looks ugly.
Open Source, but heavier:
Used to be open source: