http://www.kdenlive.org/ - Open Source Video Editor
Pronounced: KDenLive (KeiDenLaif)
To get the newest version, don't install it immediately from the Ubuntu Software Center, but as described here:
- Transitions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6H2jLdFjHQ
- Good Video Introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB5sVNcqj18
- Add two pictures and move one of them. Keyframe Animation in KDEnlive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8hC5FbIzdE
or Credits of a movie:
- Creating Movie-like Credits with Kdenlive : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dW61JyvwzI
- Compositing Multiple Videos Together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEu27QCQUb8
- shows two videos at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnWkVvd1iX4
- Effect: Volume (keyframable)
- to add a new keyframe you can just double click on the clip. (Instead of clicking the + button, and then adjusting manually the time)
- View: Project Monitor
- Make sure you have opened the Project Monitor for previewing your video. The Clip Monitor is not for previewing the video!
Cutting audio in multiple piece in a Kdenlive project with multiple audio tracks, videos and photos can create bad sounds in the audio - this happens rarely, but it is possible, especially if you cut in the middle or beginning of speaking. A possible solution is to edit the audio in Audacity such that no cutting is needed in Kdenlive.